CRICOS Code: 080628A
Intakes: Every Monday
Course Length: 1-52 weeks
There is no minimum or standard course length. The appropriate length of study can be discussed with the Course Coordinator depending on your current level and the entry requirements of your pathway course.
Campus: Melbourne City
Hours: 20 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Delivery: Interactive live online classes
Age: 18 years +
We are now online, so you can study anywhere! Have you got:
- a mobile device?
- an internet connection?
- a desire to upskill or improve your English language skills?
Join us online for interactive classes run by qualified, experienced teachers. The class takes place in real time so you can actively collaborate with your classmates and receive immediate feedback from the teachers.
At Melbourne Language Centre, you’ll learn General English in a fun, relaxed and multicultural environment. You’ll quickly pick up basic language skills to help you settle into life in Australia and deal with everyday situations with ease.The General English course focuses on communication skills within a variety of functional and situational contexts and improves students’ language skills (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking) in real life situations such as working, studying, travelling or living in Australia.
We will support you during your English studies by:
- Offering extra-curricular classes including conversation club and social trip, focusing on speaking skill and cultural/social features of living in Australia
- Offering support sessions with an individual learning plan, focusing on all language skills including Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking, Grammar, Vocabulary, Pronunciation and Punctuation
- Running academic and language skills development workshops
- Giving access to online learning materials
- Arranging meetings with academic advisors, student support officers, and program coordinators
General English is offered at Elementary, Pre-intermediate, Intermediate and Upper-intermediate levels and can serve as the perfect stepping stone to the study of English for Academic Purposes, IELTS or EHP (OET) preparation courses.
(effective 22/06/2020 until further notice)
|Assessment||Feedback – Report|
|Week 5||Week 10|
There are no entry requirements for this course.
At MLC, classes are run continuously throughout the year – the school is open every day except Saturday, Sunday and public holidays and does not close for term or school holidays.
View fee list here.